Jon joined SVPA Architects in September of 2007 and became an Associate in 2014. He enjoys the rich process of architecture through meeting needs with creative design. He prides himself on his ability to listen to the client and provide innovative solutions with attention to detail in every project. Jon weighs alternative approaches to meet client needs, balancing aesthetics with efficient, well-considered building systems. The result is efficient, low-maintenance and architecturally pleasing facilities.
Jon’s previous experience in construction and strong grasp of building technology has allowed him to develop cooperative relationships with the building trades that facilitate the construction process.
Academic Credentials & Certifications...
- Master of Architecture, Iowa State University, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, Northwestern College, 1998
- Licensed Architect in Iowa
Professional Highlights & Affiliations...
- Associate and Architect, SVPA Architects Inc.
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- Member, Meredith Drive Reformed Church, Des Moines, IA
- Christian Mission Pignon, Haiti
Current and Recent Project Work...
- B.E. Smith Children's Center, Shawnee Mission, KS
- Bondurant-Farrar Community School District, High School Addition
- Vermeer Corporation, Pella, IA
Plant 2 Office Addition and Renovation
Plant 3 Addition
Yellow Iron Academy
- University of Iowa, Information Technology Center, Iowa City, IA
- Iowa City Community School District, Liberty High School
Des Moines Christian School Master Plan
- Winterset Community School District
- The Plex, Christ Community Church, Ames, IA
- New Hope Assembly of God, Urbandale, IA
- Principal Parking Structure, Des Moines, IA
- Central College, Scholte Residence Hall, Pella, IA
- St. James Catholic Church, Washington, IA
- Valley Church Community Center, West Des Moines, IA