Josh’s passion for architecture and the pursuit of information in the field of design and construction guide the way to create better buildings and spaces. Josh’s attention to detail results in well executed spaces that often exceed expectations. His commitment to sustainability often leads to intelligent, creative and functional design solutions. Prior practice in building and construction, as well as a “hands on” approach to design have given Josh valuable experience, while fulfilling an interest and respect for the construction process.
Josh joined SVPA Architects in September of 2008 and became an Associate in 2016.
Academic Credentials & Certifications...
- Registered Architect in Iowa
- Bachelor of Architecture, Iowa State University, 2007
Professional Highlights and Affiliations….
- Associate and Architect, SVPA Architects Inc.
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- Member, Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Construction Document Technologist, CSI
- LEED Accredited Professional, U.S. Green Building Council
- Member, Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, West Des Moines, IA
- Mentor and Board Member, ACE Mentor Program of Central Iowa
Current and Recent Project Work...
- ChildServe, Johnston, IA
- Indianola Specialty Clinic, Indianola, IA
- Mercy Medical Clinic, Carlisle & Ottumwa, IA
- Mercy & Wolfe Eye Clinic Ambulatory Services Building, Hiawatha, IA
- Carlisle Community School District
High School Renovations
- Ankeny Community School District, Northview Middle School
- West Des Moines Community Schools
Jordan Creek Elementary
Walnut Creek Campus Alternative High School
- Des Moines Fire Station No. 1
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, Indianola, IA
- University of Iowa Information Technology Facility, Iowa City, IA
- Waverly Aquatic Center, Waverly, IA
- Vermeer Office 1 Addition, Pella, IA