Karen joined the SVPA team in 1999, assisting with marketing, general office and project-related tasks. Over the years, Karen’s job duties have evolved and she now serves as Project Coordinator for SVPA. As Project Coordinator, Karen works with SVPA staff, owners, consultants and contractors to manage each project to ensure a successful completion. This includes assistance with specifications, contracts, shop drawings, construction cost tracking and change orders, and project closeout documentation. In addition, Karen works with SVPA management to estimate and track the numbers of hours required to successfully complete each SVPA project.
Academic Credentials & Certifications...
- Bachelor of Arts, Simpson College, 1981
- Alumnus, Region VII Rehabilitation Administration Program University of Missouri-Columbia, 1997
Professional Highlights & Affiliations...
- LEED Accredited Professional, U.S. Green Building Council
- Member, Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Certified Construction Documents Technologist (CDT)
Community Activities Include...
- Member and Past Matron, Indianola Chapter, Order of the Eastern Star
- President, Indianola Chapter, Past Matrons Circle
- Past Chair, Eastern Star State Golf Tournament
- Past Grand Officer, Iowa Eastern Star
- Project Graduation, Indianola High School 2002 and 2007
- Volunteer Judge, Indianola High School Forensics
Current and Recent Project Work...
- Hy-Vee Corporate Headquarters Expansion, West Des Moines, IA
- Mercy Indianola Clinic, Indianola, IA
- First Evangelical Free Church
- Brick Street Market, Bondurant, IA
- Vermeer Child Care Center, Pella, IA
- Bondurant CSD Outdoor Athletic Complex, Bondurant, IA
- Carlisle High School Addition/Renovations, Carlisle, IA
- Indianola Wellness Center/YMCA, Indianola, IA
- Keokuk High School Renovations
- Knoxville High School Auditorium
- Simpson College
- Blank Performing Arts Center Addition
- Kent Campus Center
- Washington High School
- Waukee Family YMCA, Waukee, IA