Scott has been with SVPA Architects Inc. since 1981. He was elected as President in 1993 and Chairman of the Board in 2005. After graduating from Iowa State University, Scott soon distinguished himself as a talented designer and skilled leader. Scott's work draws acclaim from clients, colleagues and visitors who appreciate the quality of the buildings and interior spaces he has designed. He is a bottom-line businessman whose top priority is pleasing clients and his programing style and management experience match with his design capabilities to make that happen. Scott was awarded the 2004 Master Builders of Iowa Architect Excellence Award and in 2006 he accepted the Business of the Year Award for SVPA Architects, given by the West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce. In 2007, Scott received the March of Dimes Foundation Industry Impact Award and The Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute A. Arthur Davis Award for Business Leadership. In 2009, Scott was recognized by AIA Iowa as Citizen Architect and has received that honor every year since. In 2010, Scott was awarded the "Citizen of the Year" by the City of West Des Moines and the Chamber of Commerce.
As a former assistant city planner for the City of Des Moines and past Chair of the West Des Moines Plan and Zoning Commission, Scott brings to his clients strong working relationships with all area regulatory jurisdictions.
Academic Credentials & Certifications...
- Registered Architect in Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts, Architecture, Iowa State University, 1972
Professional Highlights & Affiliations...
- Chairman of the Board and Architect, SVPA Architects Inc.
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Member, American Planning Association (APA)
- Member, International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- Past President, Central Iowa Architects
- Member, West Des Moines Historical Society Board
- Master Builders of Iowa 2004 Architect Excellence Award
- March of Dimes Foundation, Industry Impact Award2007 Recipient
- Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute, A. Arthur Davis Award 2007 – “Business Leadership” Recipient
- AIA Iowa, Citizen Architect, 2009-2016
- Member and Past Chair, West Des Moines Plan & Zoning Commission
- Member and Past Chair, West Des Moines Dollars for Scholars
- Past Chair, West Des Moines School District Foundation For Educational Excellence
- West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce, "Citizen of the Year," 2010
- Past Chair, West Des Moines Development Connection Board of Directors, 2013
- Appointed to serve on the State of Iowa Interior Design Examining Board by Governor Branstad, 2014
Current and Recent Project Work...
- Hy-Vee Corporate Headquarters Expansion, West Des Moines, IA
- ChildServe Center, Johnston, IA
- Valley Community Center Church, West Des Moines, IA
- Athene, West Des Moines, IA
- Sammons Financial, West Des Moines, IA
- Electrical Engineering and Equipment Company (3E), Omaha, Des Moines, West Des Moines
- Des Moines Fire Station No. 1 Replacement, Des Moines, IA
- Fred Maytag II Scout Center, Des Moines, IA
- LGI Laboratory/Office Building, Ankeny, IA
- Iowa Soybean Association, Ankeny, IA
- Ankeny Fire Stations, Ankeny, IA
- Wells Fargo West Des Moines Office Campus
- Urbandale City Hall, Urbandale, IA
- University of Iowa, Pomerantz Center, Iowa City, IA
- Rain and Hail, Urbandale, IA
- The Weitz Company Office Building, Des Moines, IA
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Inc., West Des Moines, IA
- Homesteaders Life Co. (previously National Travelers Life Co.), West Des Moines, IA
- SVPA Architects Inc. Office Building, West Des Moines, IA
- Urbandale Fire Station No. 42, Urbandale, IA
- Mid-America Corporate Offices, West Des Moines, IA
- Regency West Office Complex, West Des Moines, IA