Steven E. Gray is President of SVPA Architects Inc. He has been a member of the SVPA Team since 1977, and a stockholder since 1982. Steve has extensive experience in all phases of architecture, interior architecture, and general administration of the firm. He leads the teams of architects, interior designers, graphic designers, and architectural technicians in a variety of project types.
Steve, as one of the firm Directors, represents the second generation of ownership for SVPA. In more than three decades of work at SVPA, Steve has been a part of a leading Iowa-based architectural firm known for quality design standards and a commitment to providing outstanding service to every client. Steve has experience in nearly every building type the firm has designed – corporate architecture, financial institutions, educational facilities, religious buildings, sports and recreational facilities, manufacturing plants, and interior architecture.
Academic Credentials & Certifications...
- Masters of Architecture, Iowa State University, 1977
- Bachelor of Arts (Architecture), Iowa State University, 1972
- Registered Architect: State of Iowa, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Commonwealth of Kentucky, State of Illinois, State of Nebraska, State of Arizona
Professional Highlights & Affiliations...
- President and Architect, SVPA Architects Inc.
- Member, Iowa Chapter, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Past Chair, Board of Trustees, Iowa Architectural Foundation
- Member, National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- Past Secretary, Iowa Chapter, American Institute of Architects
- Past President, Central Iowa Architects
Community Activities Include...
- Member, School Improvement Advisory Council, Indianola Community School District and Past Chair
- Member, City of Indianola Sustainability Committee
- Member, District Board of Church Location and Building
- Alumnus and Past Board Member, Warren County Leadership Institute
- Past Treasurer, Warren County Leadership Institute
- Past President and member, Indianola/Simpson College Breakfast Club
- Past Vice Chairman, Indianola Fine Arts Commission
Current and Recent Project Work...
- Ft Des Moines Senior Housing, Des Moines, IA
- Indianola Wellness Center, Indianola, IA
- Mercy Clinic, Indianola, IA
- Principal Child Development Center, Des Moines, IA
- Continental Western Insurance Group, Urbandale, IA
- Berkley Technology Systems, Urbandale, IA
- Kent Campus Center, Simpson College, Indianola, IA
- Yellow Iron Academy, Vermeer Corporation, Pella, IA