Creating sustainable buildings that are environmentally responsible, healthy places to live and work is one of our design goals.
All across America, businesses are “going green”. The United States Green Building Council (USGBC) created the environmental rating system known as LEED® (Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design™) to recognize and encourage green building practices. SVPA has LEED® certified staff ready to assist you in attaining LEED® certification for your project – reducing your energy costs, increasing your employee productivity and gaining recognition in your community for environmentally responsible design.
The Green Building Initiative has created the Green Globes rating systems as an alternative rating system for sustainability. SVPA has Green Globe Professionals on staff to work with those who choose to pursue Green Globe certification in lieu of LEED® certification.
SVPA Architects Inc:
- is committed to providing Design Solutions that promote and protect our environment.
- is an advocate of Green Building Design.
- is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.
- nearly half of the staff is LEED® Accredited with several more pursuing certification.
- 7 - LEED® Accredited Professionals
- 3 - Specializing in Building Design and Construction (LEED® BD+C)
- 2 - Specializing in Interior Design and Construction (LEED® ID+C)
- 1 - LEED® Green Associate
- 3 - Green Globe Professional Certified Staff
- offers LEED® Certification as a service to our clients and their projects.
- encourages responsible use and stewardship of our natural resources.
- practices and promotes sustainable design to help protect the environment and encourages our clients to consider their environmental and energy goals.
SVPA will work with you to identify options and opportunities for Sustainable Design for your project. Together we will develop the priorities that best fit your project. SVPA will lead the registration process for LEED® Certification.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION WITH LEED®
SVPA completed LEED® projects:
- Principal Child Development Center – LEED® Gold Certification (First LEED® Gold building in downtown Des Moines)
- ATHENE – LEED® Gold Certification (First LEED® Gold building in West Des Moines)
- University of Iowa Information Technology Facility – LEED® Platinum Certification (First LEED® Platinum building at University of Iowa and Second LEED® Platinum project in the State of Iowa)
- Fred Maytag II Scout Center - LEED® Certified
- Des Moines Fire Station No. 1 - LEED® V3.0 Silver Certified
- Blank Performing Arts Center Addition - Simpson College - LEED® V2.2 Silver Certified
- Simpson College Kent Campus Center - LEED® Certified
- Office of Hearings & Appeals (OHA) - LEED® CI Certified
- ATHENE Wynfield Tenant Improvements - LEED® Silver Certified Facility