Creating sustainable buildings that are environmentally responsible, healthy places to live and work is one of our design goals.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
Businesses and organizations find value in quantifying their sustainability efforts. The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) created the environmental rating system known as LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) to recognize and encourage green building practices. SVPA has LEED Accredited staff ready to assist clients in attaining LEED certification for their projects by reducing energy costs, increasing employee productivity and gaining recognition in the community for environmentally responsible design.
The Green Building Initiative has created the Green Globes rating system as a competing program of LEED. SVPA has Green Globes Professionals on staff to work with those who choose to pursue Green Globes certification in lieu of LEED certification.
SVPA ARCHITECTS INC.:
- is committed to providing design solutions that promote and protect our environment
- is an advocate of Green Building Design
- is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council
- has staff consisting of both LEED Accredited Professionals and Green Globes Professionals
- offers LEED and Green Globes certification as a service to our clients and their projects
- encourages responsible use and stewardship of our natural resources
- practices and promotes sustainable design to help protect the environment and encourage clients to consider their environmental and energy goals
SUSTAINABLY CERTIFIED SVPA PROJECTS:
- Athene – LEED Gold certified and the first LEED Gold certified building in West Des Moines, IA
- Athene Wynfield Tenant Improvement – LEED CI Silver certified
- Des Moines Fire Station No. 1 – LEED Silver certified
- Drake University, Collier-Scripps Hall – Green Globes, 2 Globes Certified (pending)
- Fred Maytag II Scout Center – LEED certified
- Office of Hearings & Appeals (OHA) – LEED CI certified
- Principal Child Development Center – LEED Gold certified and the first LEED Gold certified building in downtown Des Moines
- Simpson College, Blank Performing Arts Center Addition – LEED Silver certified
- Simpson College, Kent Campus Center – LEED Silver certified
- University of Iowa, Information Technology Facility – LEED Platinum certified and first LEED Platinum certified building at the University of Iowa and the second LEED Platinum certified project in the state of Iowa