Casey graduated from Iowa State University in May of 2020 and joined SVPA in June. He gained experience during his summer internships at architecture firms in Kansas City. While there, he assisted in the streamlining of the design process from conceptual design through overall completion of projects. He also participated in contract administration, onsite inspection and documentation of existing conditions and attendance of OAC meetings.
What is your favorite building and why?
“Hawaii State Capitol Building – the building deviates from traditional norms of legislative design and instead uses architecture to symbolize both the state’s history and culture.”
What is one of your favorite quotes/sayings and why?
“The world is big, and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark,” by John Muir. I have always been inspired by Muir’s connection to the wilderness and his ambition to preserve it. I think that his work helped provide me with the exploratory world view that I have today.”
Joined SVPA Architects
Iowa State University, Bachelor of Architecture, 2020
American Institute of Architects (AIA), Associate Member
Notable Project Experience
- Hubbell Realty, Crosswinds Business Park Phase 2, Ankeny, IA
- Keokuk Community School District, Facility Assessment, Keokuk, IA
- Lynnville-Sully Community School District, Facility Improvements, Sully, IA
- Midland Credit Union
- Satellite Branch, Bondurant, IA
- Branch Remodel, Urbandale, IA
- New Hope Church Phase 2 Expansion, Urbandale, IA
- Scharnberg Barn, St. Mary’s, IA
- Casey White, Assoc. AIA